To ensure you make the most of your Optimum juicer, I thought to send you everything you need, a guide you can use.
In the meantime any questions please do not hesitate to let me know :-)
For most effective juicing we advise cutting the celery into 2-3cm pieces. It is the same with most slow juicers on the market that produce with high fiber should be cut into pieces to create the perfect juice)
This will allow you to juice bigger quantities of celery and other fibrous vegetables and will avoid clogging. Even if you alternative between juicing celery and other produce we recommend to cut fibrous produce into pieces.
IMPORTANT: Set the pulp control on LOW (open/largest hole) to allow the pulp to exit. For celery, the amount of pulp will be higher in general compared to other produce.
Here is a great video showing how to juice celery in the H3000 2nd gen: https://youtu.be/DWJaHZmuNOM
We advise to always use fresh and crisp apples for juicing. Soft apples won’t work very well.
We advise to always open the pulp control more when juicing produce that is very soft or fiber-rich.
Here is a great video explaining how to use the vacuum feature: https://youtu.be/svOCX-xoUBM
- Cut ingredients into smaller pieces for easier juicing. Ensure to peel and pit ingredients with thick skin, hard shell, a core or hard seed to avoid damage or injury
- When juicing grasses, feed the Optimum Juicer a small amount of grass at a time, cutting the grass into short pieces approximately 3cm long. This ensures the waste can easily come out of the waste chute. You do not need to "clump" the grass into a ball. In fact, you can slowly feed small strands of grass, coriander, parsley, kale, spinach and other leafy greens without any force necessary.
- DO NOT press, push or shove ingredients forcibly into your H3000 2nd Gen Advanced Whole Mouth Slow Juicer. Instead, simply allow your ingredients to fall into the feeding chute. The juicing screw does all the work for you. Virtually no force is necessary
- Do not squeeze lemon juice directly into the appliance
- Juice low-fiber plants first and high-fiber plants last. When juicing fibrous ingredients, a great tip for large, leafy, stringy or dense vegetables is to feed them to the feeding chute gently, allowing the juicing screw to pull the ingredients into the appliance, using the pusher gently, only if required.
- Alternate between juicier and more fibrous fruits and vegetables:
It is best to alternate between the juicier and more fibrous fruits and vegetables. For example you can alternate between juicier ingredients like apples, carrots, cucumber and citrus fruits and more fibrous ingredients like greens such as kale and spinach, celery and wheatgrass. We also suggest saving carrot for last, as this helps push out the last of the pulp.
For more tips, please refer to the manual which you can download here: http://optimumappliances.com/product-manuals
I also recommend checking our Youtube channel, where we are publishing new videos regularly: https://www.youtube.com/user/FroothieTV/
We advise to use the reverse button a few times and to remove the pulp control cap and then the other pieces before cleaning the juicer parts.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions! We’re here to help :-)