To ensure you make the most of your Optimum juicer, I thought to send you everything you need, a guide you can use.
In the meantime any questions please do not hesitate to let me know :-)
For most effective juicing we advise cutting the celery into 2-3cm pieces. It is the same with most slow juicers on the market that produce with high fibre should be cut into pieces to create the perfect juice)
This will allow you to juice bigger quantities of celery and other fibrous vegetables and will avoid clogging. Even if you alternative between juicing celery and other produce we recommend cutting fibrous produce into pieces.
For celery, the amount of pulp will be higher in general compared to other produce.
Here is a great video showing how to juice celery in the H3000 2nd gen: https://youtu.be/DWJaHZmuNOM
We advise to always use fresh and crisp apples for juicing. Soft apples won’t work very well.
Making Nut Milk:
The H3000 2nd Gen doesn't just make juices and ice cream — it also makes fresh homemade nut milk.
Step 1: Place one cup of raw nuts in a large cup or bowl. Fill it with cold water and let the nuts soak overnight. This will soften the nuts in order to ensure that you don't damage your juicer. It will also help to activate key enzymes in your nuts.
Step 2: The next day pour out the water and rinse the nuts thoroughly. Make sure you rinse until the water runs clear.
Step 3: Add fresh water into your bowl of nuts. The more water you add, the lighter the milk will be. Don’t add too much. Start with just a cup as you can always add more when the juicer is running.
Step 4: When the juicer is running, spoon a ladle full of almonds and water into the top of the juicer. Carefully add more and don’t go too fast, or your juicer will get stuck.
Step 5: Continue adding more nuts and water into the juicer. When finished, the milk should be frothy, delicious and ready to enjoy!
NOTE: You can also use the heating function on your H3000 juicer if you want to prepare warm nut milk.
Making Frozen Fruit Ice Cream:
You can make delicious frozen fruit Ice Cream and Sorbet by utilising the blank strainer. Simply remove your juicing strainer, replace it with the blank strainer and then feed the frozen fruit of your choice into the running juicer. Some popular options include frozen Banana, Mango, Pineapple, Berries, Cherries and Kiwi.
Here is a great video explaining how to use the vacuum feature: https://youtu.be/svOCX-xoUBM
How to use the reverse function: https://youtu.be/e3DG4RppSxE
- Cut ingredients into smaller pieces for easier juicing. Ensure to peel and pit ingredients with thick skin, a hard shell, a core or hard seed to avoid damage or injury
- When juicing grasses, feed the Optimum Juicer a small amount of grass at a time, cutting the grass into short pieces approximately 3cm long. This ensures the waste can easily come out of the waste chute. You do not need to "clump" the grass into a ball. In fact, you can slowly feed small strands of grass, coriander, parsley, kale, spinach and other leafy greens without any force necessary.
- DO NOT press, push or shove ingredients forcibly into your H3000 2nd Gen Advanced Whole Mouth Slow Juicer. Instead, simply allow your ingredients to fall into the feeding chute. The juicing screw does all the work for you. Virtually no force is necessary
- Do not squeeze lemon juice directly into the appliance
- Juice low-fibre plants first and high-fibre plants last. When juicing fibrous ingredients, a great tip for large, leafy, stringy or dense vegetables is to feed them to the feeding chute gently, allowing the juicing screw to pull the ingredients into the appliance, using the pusher gently, only if required.
- Alternate between juicier and more fibrous fruits and vegetables:
It is best to alternate between the juicier and more fibrous fruits and vegetables. For example, you can alternate between juicier ingredients like apples, carrots, cucumber and citrus fruits and more fibrous ingredients like greens such as kale and spinach, celery and wheatgrass. We also suggest saving carrots for last, as this helps push out the last of the pulp.
For more tips, please refer to the manual which you can download here: http://optimumappliances.com/product-manuals
I also recommend checking our Youtube channel, where we are publishing new videos regularly: https://www.youtube.com/user/FroothieTV/
We advise using the reverse button a few times and removing the pulp control cap and then the other pieces before cleaning the juicer parts.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions! We’re here to help :-)
Hope you have a lovely rest of the week 🙂