- 4 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 TBSP lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp regular or Dijon mustard (or ½ tsp dried mustard)
- Salt and pepper
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup coconut oil (warm) or other healthy oil (macadamia works well)
- Put egg yolks into blender or bowl and whisk/blend until smooth
- Add lemon juice or vinegar, mustard and spices and blend until mixed
- SLOWLY add oil while blending or whisking at low speed, starting with olive oil. Start with a drop at a time until it starts to emulsify and then keep adding slowly until all oil is incorporated
- Store in fridge up to 1 week
- Make sure the eggs are warm
Eggs need to be left outside at least overnight to be at room temperature or warmed in a bowl of warm water.
- Use the slowest speed when adding oil
Using faster speeds can cause the mayonnaise to curdle!
Recipe created using the 9400. Likely to work with other models.