The Optimum 9400 is a higher quality appliance to the Optimum 8200. Below is a summary of the differences:
- The Optimum 9400 Vortex blender has a faster and more powerful motor. This leads to quicker blending and better consistency for thick contents
- The 9400’s blade assembly have more seals and better quality custom-made alloy ball bearings, leading to increased longevity and the ability to be used commercially with no issues
- The longer blades of the 9400 also allows it to chop, grind and slice more effectively (Note: The 8200 still has longer blades than most competition like Omniblend for example)
- The 9400 has an iron cooling fan for the motor vs. plastic for the 8200
- The Optimum 9400 has one of the industry’s most advanced PCB Boards for the motor equipped with Automatic Torque Control, meaning the motor will automatically change power based on what you are blending, leading to better performance and increased longevity
According to Product Review Australia:
The Optimum 9400 is the #3 Best Rated Blender in Australia in 2018
The Optimum 8200 is the #2 Best Rated Blender in Australia in 2018
Although the 8200 is less advanced than the 9400/9200A blender it is a great affordable blender, still better than other high speed blenders in the same price range and even some more expensive blenders like Omniblend, NutriBullet, Breville and Sunbeam.
Independent reviews of the Optimum HIGH-SPEED blenders here: http://www.froothie.com.au/optimum-blender-reviews/
The company is currently also offering customers a trial period, with the option to return the product within 30 days from the date of receipt of the order for a full refund. This allows you to try the product in your own kitchen before deciding whether to keep it.